Pages

Friday 24 August 2012

Cross Country

There were colours everywhere I looked. Teachers were wearing funny costumes.  It was cross country day. When I was at the start line I felt  nervous because it was a long race ahead of me. When we took off the crowd went  wild. Kendrix and I were jogging it all the way. It was a sunny day and I was hot as lava. My face felt like it was red as a tomato. My clothes and shoes were very muddy. I was nearly slipping over and I had a big  stitch. The race was long as .

When I was on my first kilometer I felt so dizzy and sick but I just carried on  jogging with Kendrix. When I was  running In the bush walk I nearly slipped over because It was really dirty. I had to run right through a big puddle. I was wet and my shoes were very wet. I stopped running and I started to walk. I caught up to Gabriel and then he just took off and then I  saw James.

I  was in the bush walk and It was really muddy as and there was some people telling as where to go in a bright orange jacket . When I was running I saw a girl run past me so I tried to catch her. I just gassed it past her and I left Kendrix behind me. I told Kendrix to carry on because he had a big stitch and so he just stop running and started to walk me and Kendrix was huffing and puffing .

When I got out of the bush I could hear mr Burt talking and I could hear the crowd. When was on my way to the finish line I was saying in my mind “I can't wait for a big long drink”. I wanted to tip water all over my face. After the race I felt so happy because I came 6th place and I felt tired as. My shoes were muddy as and so were my clothes.

1 comments:

Mrs Lagitupu said...

Hi Xavier

This was an interesting post about the cross country. Congratulations for coming 6th. Please remember to proof read and edit your work carefully as we spent a lot of time together proofreading and editing during our conferencing time!

Mrs L

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.